SOUTH WEST HERTS ADMISSIONS CONSORTIUM
Secondary transfer 2018 – Testing Before Preference
- The parents of any child CURRENTLY IN YEAR 5, who might apply next term for a place in Year 7 in September 2018 at any of the Consortium schools under test criteria, will need to register with the Consortium. The best way to do this is via the SW Herts Admissions Consortium website.
- Registration to sit the tests will open on Monday 24th April and close on Friday 16th June 2017. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- To avoid confusion and disappointment please make sure that your child is eligible for a place at a preferred school under that school’s admission criteria. These are published on each school’s website. If your child is not eligible, there is no point in them taking any of the tests.
- Parents of children with special needs that will require the test centre to make particular support arrangements will be required to send written evidence after test registration, quoting their child’s full name, date of birth and South West Herts Reference number. It is very important that parents do this so the paperwork is received by Friday 16th June, at the latest. Parents should send the documents to: Test Co-ordinator, South West Herts Schools Tests, P.O. Box 2439, Watford, WD18 1UZ.
Parents will need written support from the Mrs Hester, stating the arrangements usually made at school.
- The test centre will be allocated, based on primary school postcode, by Monday 3rd July. This has absolutely no bearing on parents’ eventual secondary school preferences.
- Please ensure your child’s availability on the published test dates. One further date for the academic and music test will be arranged, if required, for children that have been registered on time who miss the main testing days because they were medically unfit (a medical certificate will be required) or for specific religious observance only. Please note: we are unable to accommodate children whose holiday commitments clash with our tests or for any other reasons than those stated above.
- Please find attached an information sheet.
Please note: Croxley Danes School is now part of the SW Herts Admissions Consortium testing under music criteria only.